Combining Like Terms Puzzles

I cannot believe that it is September!  I mean, where did August go?!  July was nice and slow, but August just flew by!

Anyway, I did a little work this weekend to help get back into the swing of things.  One of the things that I did was create yet another resource for combining like terms.  It's a skill that comes up in my first unit with 7th graders, and it's a really important one, so I feel the more resources you have, the better!

This puzzle is very similar to my Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Puzzles.  There are 21 puzzles, each containing 2 equivalent expressions and a simplified answer.  I made sure to use a variety of positive and negative terms so kids can practice adding and subtracting integers while they do this.  I also used a combination of two- and three-term expressions.  It will be a good center activity and/or game.  I created a recording sheet as well as an answer key.  I'm hoping my students will enjoy the activity.

Here are some pictures:






If you like the puzzles, they are available in both my TpT store and my TN store.

Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day Weekend!

Comments

  1. I was looking at the answer key and the expressions to see if I could figure where the expressions were created. i'd like to purchase this and the fraction, decimals game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great, as students can check their own work and investigate how different expressions can yield the same term. Thank you for your work and ideas!

    Bonnie
    College Station, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great, as students can check their own work and investigate how different expressions can yield the same term. Thank you for your work and ideas!

    Bonnie
    College Station, TX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts